On 12/6/15 2:45 PM, Liam Farr wrote:
Hi,

I don’t recall this being communicated, I know a few people who attend
NZNOG (some APNIC members some not) but work in the general ISP / Telco
Community and associated fields, that would like to attend if the price
was reasonable…. (People who have attended past NZNOG’s).

Seems a real shame that NZNOG is in Auckland for once, and actually half
the people won’t go because $$$$…. fail.

Also I found that NZNOG has a really good social / networking element to
it, (as well as good content), you get to meet other people who you
otherwise wouldn’t, I suspect with the pricing its going to attract a
different more corporate crowd which is a shame :(

While APRICOT might be more expensive than NZNOG, I assure you that you will find the social networking aspect, the excellent content, and many new people to talk to.

The fact that one of the biggest networking conferences in the region is coming to AKL should be a really strong reason for people in NZ to attend APRICOT, hear international perspectives as well as local, and see the wider community.

I know it's costly, but it's a much, much bigger event, and frankly, reasonably priced for a 1 week conference (on an international scale).

I do hope that the Trustees announce something to reduce the financial burden, but honestly, this should be an easy sell to your financial management - NZNOG /and/ APRICOT in one!

AJ
A decade of attending APRICOT, including at my own cost