From: <nznog-boun...@list.waikato.ac.nz> on behalf of Joel Wirāmu Pauling
<j...@aenertia.net>
Date: Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 5:32 PM
To: Paul Adshead <paul.adsh...@gmail.com>
Cc: nznog <nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz>
Subject: Re: [nznog] Multiple connections to UFB in server room

UFB is designed so that individual services from competing RSP's can be enabled
on individual ONT ports.
So the answer is absolutely yes.

On 9 August 2017 at 16:43, Paul Adshead
<paul.adsh...@gmail.com<mailto:paul.adsh...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi guys.  A shared server room has an active UFB service for another business
on the floor.  We want UFB service to our office too.

Is an additional ONT install needed (as I'm being told by <ISP>)? Or, can
Chorus just enable another port on the existing ONT and have and then run a
network cable out to both routers from one ONT? Is the ONT capable of multiple
PPPOE sessions to the offsite hardware?
Or is this just creating a problem that doesn't need to exist (- ie say yes to
the second ONT install)?

Many thanks,
Paul Adshead.
021890258<tel:021%20890%20258>