This is counter to the TCF Spec and design of the UFB service was intended
to do. least for the LSP's in which the original Alcatel-Lucent ONT is used
this should never be an issue.

The original gen1 ONT was extensively tested with disparate 300/300mbit
services run in parallel on each of the Customer facing RJ45 service ports
with a shared 2.5Gbit Optical upstream.

I am interested to know which RSP's and in what region you have seen them
request a second ONT for a new Service.