Agreed, languages used in web development should come with a government
health warning.
Ever noticed that Opera seems to understand CSS better than most browsers?
Could be related to the fact that their tech lead was one of the CSS
originators.
SQL is even worse, it was created as an IBM proof-of-concept and kind
of escaped from the lab. (CJ Date has writen extensively about it, it
lacks basic consistency in the language constructs let alone logic issues
and null handling etc.)
Now Microsoft have been caught trying to stack the standards committees to
wrest control of ODF
so that can butcher it to be consistent with OOXML and their ghastly office
formats.
Caveat Emptor.