To minimize dependencies, I recommend removing Java packages that you
don't need.  You can eliminate several dependencies this way, such as
the Java Servlet API and both Apache HTTP client libraries.

I'm thinking of moving parts of oauth-core into new modules; for
example a module for consumers (clients) and another for service
providers (servers).  Would that be helpful?  Are there other parts
that you'd like to be in separate modules?