That sounds like a fine idea, to me.  I'd prefer that the server send
the information without being asked.

We might as well follow established practice, if it works well.  What
does the Python library do, exactly?  Are there popular service
providers that do something similar?  What do they do, exactly?

By the way, what service providers have implemented the problem
reporting extension? http://wiki.oauth.net/ProblemReporting