Yes, your request for an access token should be signed with the
request token secret; that is the oauth_token_secret that you received
with your request token.  Also, requests for access to APIs should be
signed with the access token secret, that is the oauth_token_secret
that you received with your access token.  I'm surprised that the
service provider accepts requests that are signed without the token
secrets.

Here's a simpler way to construct the URL for requesting an access
token, or access to an API. It yields the same result, letting
oauth.js handle more of the details.

  var accessor = {
      consumerKey: '...',
      consumerSecret: '...',
      token: '...',
      tokenSecret: '...'};
  var message = {
      method: "GET",
      action: "http://...";,
      parameters: [
          ['oauth_signature_method', 'HMAC-SHA1'],
          ['xoauth_requestor_id', guid],
          ['format', 'json']]};
  OAuth.completeRequest(message, accessor);
  var signedURL = OAuth.addToURL(message.action, message.parameters);