I recently committed a change to support the 1.0a spec, but it hasn't
been released.  I'll release it, if you like:

-r1057 | 2009-06-17 22:31:12 -0700 (Wed, 17 Jun 2009)
Added support for OAuth Core version 1.0a, specifically
new parameter names and a method OAuthClient.getRequestTokenResponse.

Sorry to say the library lacks good documentation.  The closest thing
to change history is the log in the Subversion repository, such as:

version 20090531:
Divided core into several Maven modules, to help minimize
dependencies.
The oauth-core module is now a hollow shell that depends on the other
core modules.
version 20090522:
Added support for more popular RSA key formats (thanks to Zhihong
Zhang).
Added a copy of the Base64 class, to avoid depending on commons-codec.
Added the OAuth repository (at http://googlecode) to oauth-parent's
pom.xml.
version 20090408:
treat any 2xx status code as successful
added OAuthClient.httpParameters, to support changing the read timeout
added OAuthSchemeFactory, OAuthCredentials and PreemptiveAuthorizer
simplify constructing an OAuthMessage with a body
version 20090315:
added constants for problem reporting
Reject requests in which an OAuth protocol parameter appears more than
once.