The consumer key, consumer secret and nonce should be unguessable.  A
popular choice is bits from a cryptographically strong random number
generator, encoded as letters and numerals.  The nonce should not be a
predictable function of other data.

Don't add salt to the signature algorithm.  That won't conform to
OAuth.  (You might consider the consumer secret to be salt.)