Rather than assign a different consumer secret to each device, I
suggest each device get a unique access token secret using OAuth; that
is by asking the user to authenticate to each service provider and
authorize the device. (The token secret and consumer secret are
separate elements in OAuth.)

Yes, a determined user can find his own token secret. That's OK. The
problem is allowing someone else (an attacker) to use the secret. To
prevent that, applications should discourage the user from finding his
token secret, and hide the secret from other, possibly malicious
applications running on the same mobile device. The latter needs some
infrastructure, to prevent applications from seeing each other's data.

For a consumer copied to users' mobile devices (or desktops), a
conventional consumer secret isn't very useful because it isn't really
secret. Assume attackers will know it. You might as well publish it,
as Google did. Look elsewhere for assurance that consumer software is
trustworthy. I expect any healthy software market will have some way
to help users trust the software they use.

Yes, OAuth doesn't help fight piracy. (I mean the use of unauthorized
copies or imitations of licensed software.)