Here's a simpler way, which works for me.

import net.oauth.OAuth;
import net.oauth.OAuthAccessor;
import net.oauth.OAuthConsumer;
import net.oauth.OAuthProblemException;
import net.oauth.OAuthServiceProvider;
import net.oauth.client.OAuthClient;
import net.oauth.client.httpclient4.HttpClient4;
import net.oauth.http.HttpMessage;

public class YahooContacts {
  private static final String consumerKey = ...
  private static final String consumerSecret = ...
    OAuthClient client = new OAuthClient(new HttpClient4());
    OAuthAccessor accessor = new OAuthAccessor(
      new OAuthConsumer(
        null,
        consumerKey,
        consumerSecret,
        new OAuthServiceProvider(
          "https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth/v2/get_request_token";,
          "https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth/v2/request_auth";,
          "https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth/v2/get_token";)));
    final String callback = "oob";
    try {
      client.getRequestToken(accessor, null,
        OAuth.newList(OAuth.OAUTH_CALLBACK, callback));
      System.out.println(OAuth.addParameters(
        accessor.consumer.serviceProvider.userAuthorizationURL,
        OAuth.OAUTH_TOKEN, accessor.requestToken));
    } catch (OAuthProblemException problem) {
      System.err.println(problem.getParameters().get(
        HttpMessage.RESPONSE));
    }
  }
}

The imports are available via Maven:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>net.oauth.core</groupId>
      <artifactId>oauth</artifactId>
      <version>20090825</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>net.oauth.core</groupId>
      <artifactId>oauth-httpclient4</artifactId>
      <version>20090617</version>
    </dependency>

    <repository>
      <id>oauth</id>