If you want to keep track of the access token, then you would likely have
authentication occur in your application as well as the authentication at
the Service Provider (i.e. at Google). If you do not want to maintain users
for your application, then you could use a federated login for your
application. From the little I know about your use case, you may consider
using OpenID Hybrid protocol which allows you to authenticate the user (from
an external system) and receive an access token in one step [1]. You can
find Google specific documentation on OpenID+Hybrid on Google's site [2].

[1] http://wiki.openid.net/OpenID-and-OAuth-Hybrid-Extension
[2] http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OpenID.html#oauth

HTH,
Rob