I am trying to figure out what would the best choice be in terms of
security for a web application that might (in the future) be used with as
well with a dedicated Android app.

Yet, the possibile choices I've been through are OAuth (2-legged) and Basic
Http Authentication via TLS.

Please keep in mind that when I refer to OAuth, I am considering both OAuth
1.0a and OAuth 2.0, of course as different alternatives.

Here are my doubts:

1) First, would it make any sense nowadays to set up a security system
based on OAuth 1.0a? Should it be considered "too old" and hence a
completely wrong pick?

2) I can't figure out a real world scenario where 2-legged OAuth is cleary
a better option then Http(S) Auth. What extra bonuses do I get from it?

3) Given that I'm not a veteran security expert, would OAuth be a
reasonable choice?

4) Are there support frameworks or other third-party auxiliary tools that
one may use in order to obtain a secure-reliable-thrustworty implementation
of OAuth in less time and/or with less effort than just trying to figure it
out completely by him/herself