On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Blaine Cook <rom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't claim to fully grok what the current state of the various
> proposals are regarding the user agent flow, but fundamentally,
> shouldn't we be aiming to replicate what Twitter and Facebook are
> already doing?

Yes.  They are passing all variable parameter on URL fragments.

Other types of cross-domain messaging (e.g. window.postMessage) aren't
widely deployed enough to rely on exclusively.  Yet.  Give it a few
more years.

> We've already moved towards JSON as a standard format, why not go all
> the way and mandate either JSONP or CORS support, and explicitly build
> around a Javascript-centric model (since that's really what we're
> talking about, and that's what is deployed today).

jsonp won't work for this use-case, it ends up requiring an extra
client-to-server round trip.

Cheers,
Brian