Okay, I'm with you.  Some text guiding the more obvious (to me anyway)
usage might still be useful.   Something like,

"If Authorization Code value is a reference to state on the server,
the value MUST/SHOULD be constructed from a cryptographically strong
random or pseudo-random number sequence [RFC1750] where the
probability of two Authorization Code values being identical is less
than or equal to 2^(-160)."

It's not as clean the previous text but still maybe useful.

I'm guessing you don't want any language restricting the length of the
code?  Though there is some practical limit due to the URL length in
the 302 (I think it has to be a redirect).