It really depends on the requirements or policy of the authorization
server.  For the I-D I've been working on,
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-campbell-oauth-saml/, there's
nothing that binds of the assertion to the client.  So there's not a
requirement for that enforcement nor is there really any information
in the assertion that would make it possible.

Other profiles might be different in that regard and I'd think that
any "client assertions" used for client authentication might directly
identity the client and expect validation of such at the authz server.