A new document describing client authentication using assertions via
HTTP parameters that *does not* expand to encompass all assertion
related business, I believe, will also produce a useful document
structure.  At the same time it introduces fewer changes, while still
arriving at the same functionality, to documents that I thought were
being pushed towards last call.  It just seems to me that that option
should be on the table as well.  Just because two things both use the
word "assertion" doesn't necessarily mean they belong together.