Barry Leiba writes:

>> You have read the spec., and the _only_ concrete thing it tells you
>> about the registers is the name of an email list.  So you have to go
>> to the email archives and search for . . . what exactly?  Different in
>> the three cases above, and in none of them is it obvious how to know
>> what counts as success.
>
> The email list is just how you start the registration process.  There
> will be an IANA registry for access token types.  When IANA creates
> it, the name will be in the published RFC (I expect there'll be a
> section in the IANA registries page ( http://www.iana.org/protocols/ )
> for "OAuth Parameters", and "Access Token Types" will be listed there;
> search that page for "DKIM" to see what it'll look like).  The spec
> also says what will be *in* the registry.
>
> The RFC Editor specifically does NOT want the URL for the registry to
> be in the RFC (the URL might change).  But the registry NAME will be
> there.

OK, I now recognise a culture clash as the underlying point at issue,
so this spec. is the wrong place to address it.

Thanks for your patience, I hereby get out of the road on this point.

I'll reply to Eran's message wrt any other outstanding points. . .

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: h...@inf.ed.ac.uk