Thanks Torsten,

The intent there definitely makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. And I had
sort of guessed that retaining the query component was what that reference
was trying to do. But a flat reading of the text doesn't convey that, I
don't think. I'd guess the answer is "no" but does this kind of thing
warrant errata consideration?