From: OAuth [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Brian Campbell
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 1:12 PM
To: Bill Burke
Cc: oauth
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer != access tokens (was Re:
draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer Shepherd Write-up)

I think it is kind of assumed, yeah. And JWT as it is gives you everything you
need for that as long as the AS and RS can agree on keys, JWE and/or JWS, and
how the claims will look. I suspect that's what most deployments are doing with
JWT access tokens today. We are, or offer JWS + JWT access tokens as an option
in product anyway, and I believe many others are doing the same.
IHMO getting everyone to agree on the specific claims etc. needed for a
standardized JWT access token is a bit of a rat's nest, which is why there's
not been much progress in that area.

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Bill Burke