From: OAuth [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Prateek Mishra
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2014 9:24 AM
To: Bill Burke; Phil Hunt
Cc: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Question regarding draft-hunt-oauth-v2-user-a4c

Excellent, now you have put your finger on the precise issue with OIDC - lots
of optional extensions and shiny trinkets and lack of a clear definition of a
core subset for servers.

I realize its exciting for consultants, software and toolkit vendors to have
that sort of optionality, but in practice, its NOT A GOOD THING in a protocol.

[quote]

>> It is a bit like saying an 18 wheeler is suitable for driving the

>> kids to school. :-)

> I don't think this is true.  Most oidc oauth extensions are optional

> with the sole requirement that providers don't barf if you send them.

[\quote]