I struggle to see the value in adding more fine grained machine readable
error messages for this.

Do we really want clients to try and negotiate the code_challenge_method
using browser redirects? Especially in light of the fact that we'll likely
also be discouraging AS's from redirecting on some error conditions when
there's no user interaction.