Yes, kid could do it. It just seemed less than idea and that, for
confirmation, it might be useful to explicitly say "this is the thumbprint
of the key that'll confirm this JWT" rather than "here's something that
points to a key for confirmation and in some cases it might be a
thumbprint".

But I just wanted to ask the question to gauge interest. And it seems
there's not much. It could be added later too, if more need for it arises.