Not quite, the actual tokens are still opaque, the requestor is just asking for
a token exchange , the requestor can specify the requested token type it's up
to the server to determine the actual token it will delever

-----Original Message-----
From: OAuth [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Justin Richer
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 5:18 AM
To: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] JWT Token on-behalf of Use case

As it's written right now, it's a translation of some WS-* concepts into JWT
format. It's not really OAuth-y (since the client has to understand the token
format along with everyone else, and according to the authors the artifacts
might not even be "OAuth tokens"), and that's my main issue with the document.
Years ago, I proposed an OAuth-based token swap
mechanism:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richer-oauth-chain-00

This works without defining semantics of the tokens themselves, just like the
rest of OAuth. I've proposed to the authors of the current draft that it should
incorporate both semantic (using JWT) and syntactic (using a simple
token-agnostic grant) token swap mechanisms, and that the two could be easily
compatible.

  -- Justin