Not always, Bill. There is a new standard called "same site cookies" or "first
party cookies" that allows you to programmatically remove this risk in some
modern browsers, it's worth reviewing.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-first-party-cookies-07

It's live in Chrome and Opera and will only grow in support.
http://caniuse.com/#search=samesite

Jim