On 28/02/18 09:48, Torsten Lodderstedt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an use case where I would like to return signed JWTs from the
> authorization server’s introspection endpoint. In this case, I would like to
> give the resource server evidence about the fact the AS minted the access
> token and is liable for its contents (verified person data used to create a
> qualified electronic signature).
>
> Although token introspection more or less provides the RS with the content of
> a JWT, RFC 7662 only supports plain JSON. I talked to Justin and his
> recommendation was to use use a  header “accept: application/jwt” to ask the
> AS for a signed JWT as response instead of "application/json“. We could do
> this but clearly it would be a proprietary solution.
Justin's suggestion would be relatively easy to implement. The only
small downside I see is that it doesn't allow resource servers to choose
a crypto algorithm for the issued JWT, which has become the norm for
this kind of things in OAuth and OIDC.

> I would like to know whether anyone else has the same or similar requirements
> and whether it would make sense to specify an extension to RFC 7662 for JWT
Because of the requirement for resource servers to authenticate (or
submit a token authz) when they make an introspection request, we let
them register as a client, using std client registration. In that case
to let an RS register preferred JWT algs for the introspection response
we could have parameters

introspection_response_signed_response_alg
introspection_response_encrypted_response_alg
introspection_response_encrypted_response_enc

(naming follows pattern for ID token and UserInfo algs)

Vladimir