Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-token-exchange-16: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-token-exchange/

DISCUSS:

Thanks to everyone who worked on this document. I have a blocking issue that
should be easy to resolve, and a handful of more minor issues.

§2.1:

>  The client makes a token exchange request to the token endpoint with
>  an extension grant type by including the following parameters using
>  the "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" format

This document needs a normative citation for this media type.

My suggestion would be to cite REC-html5-20141028 section 4.10.22.6, as this
appears to be the most recent stable description of how to encode this media
type. I'd love to hear rationale behind other citations being more appropriate,
since I'm not entirely happy with the one I suggest above (given that it's been
superseded by HTML 5.2); but every other plausible citation I can find is even
less palatable (with HTML 5.2 itself having the drawback of not actually
defining how to encode the media type, instead pointing to an unstable,
unversioned document).

COMMENT:

Abstract:

>  This specification defines a protocol for an HTTP- and JSON- based

Nit: "...JSON-based..."

§1.1:

>  impersonates principal B, then in so far as any entity receiving such

Nit: "insofar"

§2.1:

>  The client makes a token exchange request to the token endpoint with
>  an extension grant type by including the following parameters using
>  the "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" format with a character
>  encoding of UTF-8 in the HTTP request entity-body:

I think there's an implication here that POST is used, but that probably needs
to be made explicit.

§2.2.1:

>  response using the "application/json" media type, as specified by
>  [RFC7159], and an HTTP 200 status code.  The parameters are

RFC 7159 has been replaced by RFC 8259.

§3:

>  urn:ietf:params:oauth:token-type:refresh_token
>     Indicates that the token is an OAuth 2.0 refreshe token issued by

nit: "refresh"