Hi,

In section 6.2 the following statement is made...

   In this scenario, the backend component may be a confidential client
   which is issued its own client secret.  Despite this, there are still
   some ways in which this application is effectively a public client,
   as the end result is the application's code is still running in the
   browser and visible to the user.

I'm curious as to how this model is different from many existing resource server deployments acting as confidential clients. While the application code is running in the browser, only the access token is exposed to the browser as is the case for many RS deployments where the RS returns the access token to the browser after the authorization flow completes. My interpretation of "confidential client" does not include whether the client's code is "visible" to externals or not, but rather whether the client can protect the secret.

In that sense I don't believe this deployment model is "effectively a public client". A hybrid model description is fine, and I don't disagree that some authorization servers may want to treat these clients in a different way.

Thanks,
George