> FWIW, in addition, those can be used together -- sliding & absolute.

Azure AD does both at this point. They used to do 90 days absolute, now it is a
sliding, 72 hours by default I believe.

Good discussion overall, would this be a good summary for the type of a client
the spec is for:

SHOULD NOT use refresh tokens unless the token endpoint mirrors user
authentication or the OP supports expiration, rotation and revocation of
refresh tokens

On Sunday, July 21, 2019, 04:45:07 PM GMT+2, Brock Allen <brockal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> IdentityServer allows a choice of behavior on refresh token expiration time.
>It can have a absolute expiration time, or use a sliding window.

FWIW, in addition, those can be used together -- sliding & absolute. Finally,
refresh tokens can be re-use or one-time use only. These are all per-client
settings.

-Brock