On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 6:26 PM Richard Backman, Annabelle <
richa...@amazon.com> wrote:

> > That’s not directly attached to the access token. This means that every
> RS has to know about DPoP.
>
> True, but you could avoid that by embedding the access token in the DPoP
> proof (similar to draft-ietf-oauth-signed-http-request) and sending that as
> the sole token. Technically, that’s no longer a bearer token so sending it
> as “Authorization: bearer <token>” would be wrong, but DPoP already commits
> that sin.

To clairy FWIW the current DPoP draft doesn't commit that sin. It uses
“Authorization: dpop <access-token>” and "DPoP: <DPoP-proof-JWT>" headers.
There were some examples attempting to illustrate how all the pieces of the
proposal worked, including this particular part, in the slides I had for
Singapore. But unfortunately I never made it past slide #6.

On the other hand the OAuth MTLS draft does commit said sin. But it was
intentional with the aim of easing adoption/migration to it.

computer. Thank you._