I am also in favour of such metadata.

I just implemented the draft and I used a client, which had multiple
redirect_uris, for testing purposes. That in mind, one of my thoughts
is that it could also be an advantage to not only bind a client to use
PAR but in combination with a specific redirect_uri only. This may be
a implementation detail of the AS, just wanted to mention it.

Regards,
Sascha

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 01:16, Filip Skokan <panva...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would support defining a client level property. I would also support an AS
> discovery property for an AS-wide policy that is signalled to all clients
> (and maybe that one would be enough).
>
> FWIW (and this touches my earlier responses about the dpop scheme) defining
> metadata (both AS and Client) is beneficial not only for runtime (DCR,
> discovery) but in general supports developers using these specs, when they
> read about a possible behaviour in the document and there's a mentioned
> metadata property, they know what to look for in readmes, API documentation,
> UI etc. It saves time, theirs, and mine when i develop those behaviour
> toggles - i don't have to start mixing configuration objects so far composed
> entirely of IANA registered properties with proprietary ones, i don't need to
> come up with property names (and we know what a PITA that is) and it also
> saves time in the long run because it's less likely someone will open an
> issue about it.
>
> Best,
> Filip
>

> On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 22:09, Brian Campbell
> <bcampbell=40pingidentity....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:
>>
>> Using PAR can facilitate improved security by giving clients a (relatively)
>> simple means for sending a confidential, integrity protected, and (for
>> confidential clients anyway) authenticated authorization request.
>>
>> It seems like some of that improved security could be undermined by a
>> malicious actor somehow getting a user to navigate to a URL of a regular old
>> parameterized authorization request. One variation of the Mix-Up Attack does
>> this
>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-security-topics-15#section-4.4.1
>>  for example and email, social media, online forums, etc., are other ways a
>> user might be tricked into following a maliciously crafted link.
>>
>> Following from that it seems logical that an authorization server might want
>> to restrict some clients from sending a regular parameterized authorization
>> request and instead require use of the PAR endpoint to initiate an
>> authorization request. Something like this could, of course, be implemented
>> as custom policy or configuration in any AS. But I'm thinking it might be
>> common enough to warrant adding a client metadata parameter to the PAR draft
>> specifically for it. The metadata (and registered extensions) defined by
>> Dynamic Client Registration [RFC7591] has come to imply a general data model
>> and expected associated behaviors for clients that is useful for
>> authorization server implementations, even when the Dynamic Client
>> Registration Protocol isn't directly in play. This particular situation
>> seems like a good potential candidate for a new such client metadata
>> parameter that would indicate that the given client can only use a
>> request_uri value obtained from the PAR endpoint to initia
 te an authorization request. And that a regular old fashioned authorization
request from the given client would result in an error.