If I may, step in and offer a suggestion.

What if instead of "MUST NOT" replace with "SHOULD NOT"?

To me, (and this might be me), but MUST NOT describes a violation. As in I
broke the law. Conversely, I interpret, "SHOULD NOT" as a recommendation, a
guideline, best practice, etc.

If then the sentence went on to explain why you should not inspect the
token, the risk is therefore known and on the "implementer" of the
inspection.

Jared