Hi Vittorio,

I raised the following question:

   In the future, if additional parameters are included in the request,
   will the "sub" claim necessarily be present in the access token ?

The answer to this question does not seem to be present in the draft. Would you be able to provide an answer ?

Denis

Denis, the change you mentioned is basically a typo, which I did fix but did not publish a new draft for- that doesn’t change the substance of the consensus (and is something that will be fixed in the subsequent phases of the process).
Whether the sub should be mandatory has been discussed for two reasons:

- as a way of distinguishing whether the token was obtained on behalf of a user or an application identity, by omitting it in the latter case. We had extensive discussions following IETF105 and concluded that not enough people were interested in that scenario. I kept that discussion open for a long time. - for privacy concerns. Those has been debated and your position failed to gather momentum.

Some of the recent discussions on sub didn’t pick up on the discussions above and didn’t bring new arguments that weren’t already debated. Nonetheless I did my best to provide context and pointer to the past discussions when answering the concerns. In other words, those discussions didn’t appear to change the consensus achieved on the matter. We have 3 last calls, I don’t think the chairs changed the status of the document lightly.