Murray, Thanks very much for your comment.

My replies inline:

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 4:56 PM Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <
nore...@ietf.org> wrote:

> Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-26: No Objection

> introductory paragraph, however.)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq/

> COMMENT:
>
> The directorate reviews are from 15 or more versions ago.  I wonder if
> returning documents like this should be sent through the directorates
> again as
> matter of course.
>
> Abstract: "... the communication through the user agents are not ..." --
> s/are/is/

Thanks for pointing out.

> Section 1 expressly cites two IANA URLs.  I suggest simply naming the
> registry
> or sub-registry; the URLs might not be permanent.  Or if you like the URL,
> do
> it as a reference, as you did with [IANA.MediaType].
>
> Good point. Will do.

> The two bullets at the end of Section 1 toggle between "crypto" and
> "cryptography".  I suggest picking one, preferably the latter (as did the
> rest
> of the document).

Ditto.

> In Section 3, should URI and URL include references to their defining
> RFCs?  I
> realize a reader familiar with this space probably knows those terms, but
> they
> seem to be the only acronyms without a reference here.

Good point. It will certainly improve the consistency.  Will do.

> When would an implementer legitimately disregard the SHOULD in Section 4?

E.g., in the case where there is only one client and  the server in the
system,
it may be redundant to have `iss` and `aud`.

> As Benjamin Kaduk also expressed, I'm a little puzzled by this text in
> Section
> 5.2: "The "request_uri" value MUST be reachable by the Authorization
> Server."
> Is this part of the protocol?

Please refer to my response to Ben.

> All of the subsections of Section 9 say: "This specification adds the
> following
> values to the "OAuth Parameters" registry established ..." but they all are
> actually modifying different sub-registries.  I suggest naming the
> sub-registries explicitly.  I realize the subsection titles have it right,
> but
> this line of repeated prose had me squinting a bit.

OK. Good point. Thanks.

Nat Sakimura (=nat)
Chairman, OpenID Foundation
http://nat.sakimura.org/