> On 15 Feb 2021, at 08:32, Philippe De Ryck
> <phili...@pragmaticwebsecurity.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Compared to using a worker for handling RTs, I believe the TMI-BFF only adds
> a single security benefit: an attacker is no longer able to run a silent flow
> to obtain a fresh set of tokens (since the client is now a confidential
> client).

But they can just call the bff-token endpoint to do the same. If there is a
security advantage, IMO it is as a defence in depth against open redirects,
unicode normalisation attacks (ie not validating the redirect_uri correctly at
the AS), etc.

— Neil
--
ForgeRock values your Privacy <https://www.forgerock.com/your-privacy>