Vittorio,

I feel you are conflating OIDC with OAuth2. In delegation workflows, the AS/RS can be any company and the clients are approved registered clients. I use OAuth2 for many of my own consumer needs and there is an even distribution of use among many services. OAuth2 protects me. I no longer have to hand out my twitter credentials just because my conference website wants limited access to my twitter account. I can now give my conference website limited delagated access to my twitter account and cancel that relationship any time. For years I was forced to give up my banking credentials to services like Mint and that is no longer the case due to the OAuth2 financial extension (FAPI).

While OIDC is certainly centralizing identity to a few providers, a real problem, OAuth2 when used for delegation purposes does not have that same inherent risk.

Respectfully,

- Jim Manico