Yes, it was considered, discussed, and rejected. The reason being “at_hash” has
a somewhat convoluted definition (left-bits of a hash of an access token in the
context of a JOSE object, etc), to fit some of the design constraints of ID
Tokens. DPoP proofs do not have those same constraints. DPoP opted, correctly
in my opinion, to simplify this by declaring a single hashing algorithm and
using its full output value. Cryptographic agility would be achieved by
defining a new claim with a new hashing algorithm.

 — Justin