---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Robert Sparks <rjspa...@nostrum.com>
Date: Tue, May 21, 2024 at 4:26 PM
Subject: [Tools-discuss] Update on ongoing mail delivery issues
To: tools-discuss <tools-disc...@ietf.org>, Working Chairs <
wgcha...@ietf.org>, <i...@irtf.org>

If you have had a message fail to deliver to a list since the mailman3
transition, please resend it at this time. If it fails to deliver again,
please let us know by sending the message-id to tools-h...@ietf.org.

Several improvements were made yesterday and this morning that further
reduce the number of messages that are not delivered to lists, even
though they appear to have been accepted.  More improvements are
expected later today. We are down to a small percentage of messages
failing to deliver. However, we are not confident that all delivery
issues will be resolved today.

Work on delivering the messages that were accepted but not yet delivered
has started. It is expected to take several days to complete. This turns
out to be surprisingly complex. It is possible that they won't be
recoverable.

There is a fallback plan (involving reverting to mailman2) should
addressing these remaining delivery issues take more than a few days,
but we currently don't expect to need to use it.

RjS