On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 12:39:54PM +0200, Thomas Schlagbauer wrote:
> could someone of the developers of Gobby give me information about the
> format or hash-function used when user-password and global-password are
> transmitted with the net6_client_login command. All what I could find out
> is, that it´s a 160-Bit Hex String (while analyzing via Wireshark). SHA1
> supports 160-Bit but I tried it already and it doesn´t work.

Use the source, luke.  Relevant parts are client_buffer.hpp:on_net_welcome,
which parses the token from the welcome line and
client_buffer.hpp:on_login_extend which applies the SHA1 hash on the
token and the password (to crush replay attacks).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Release Assistant