Regardless of the formalities of who runs this list (Greg Franks, Topica
.. whatever) this list exists to provide another means of getting
information to Ottawa Bicycle Club members, and for OBC members to have
a common discussion area (hence, OBC in the list name!). Pointe finale.

Unfortunately because of the type of posts that have been on here in the
last couple of days, many OBC members refuse to look here any more. The
history of this list is well lined with attacks against the OBC in
general and personal attacks against individuals. Sadly I don't blame
people for ignoring some of the crap. Mr. Slavitch, you are not helping
matters.  The usefulness of this list is sadly diminished from what it
once was.

As much as people agree or disagree with the concept of a formalized
Board of Directors to run a club, for a club like the OBC, to offer all
of the various activities it does, and do it as well as the OBC does,
the Board is needed. People get the chance to be on the board, pick who
is on the board and bitch at the board. The last option is arguably more
popular.

Hey everybody, if you don't like how something works, let us on the
board know in a constructive manner. Don't just bitch. I at least, am
going to ignore all bitchy people from now on!

The roads are drying, the temperature is warming up, the trees will soon
be green and shading the wonderful roads we have at our fingertips.

Now go ride your bikes.

Kevin Nelson
Director at large

------
Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
Web/mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb/Newsletter