Hi Jackie,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, although I did post a general message in
reply to a similar plea by Erika Revesz. (copy below)

Jackie MacDonald wrote:
> I don't understand the problem re. putting the TT results on the OBC
> website. Surely there should at least be a link to Celia's site. She
> does a superb job at getting out the results quickly and presenting them
> in a grand variety of formats. I would like to express my appreciation
> of the great contribution she is making. The time trials are an
> important part of the club program and the results should be available
> on or through the club website.
> Jackie MacDonald

The results are on the OBC website at:

     http/www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb/open_tt.shtml

Celia was asked to help us put the results on the OBC website but
categorically refused (in writing).

When Celia voluntarily resigned at the beginning of 2002, Rod Plunkett
and his brother Randy had to build a new set of TT procedures and pages.
This has been a work in progress and there are a lot more enhancements
to come but it is now beginning to provide functions not available on
the old system.

The information on the official club site is up to date and accurate
Celia's is not. This is nothing personal against Celia. It's just that
these are the facts the Board has had to deal with.

Hope this helps to clear the air.

Avery

ps Some time ago you enquired about my experiences in Spain. I have
since put up a private web site for people who have enquired.

It's at: http://www.magma.ca/~ocbc/private.html

My post to OBC List Aug 21, 2002:

>>I've been very reluctant to get involved in this because this forum is
>>not the place to discuss such disputes, but you Erika, like others, are
>>misinformed.

Celia wasn't displaced as webmaster, she resigned long ago. A new
webmaster was appointed, long ago. Celia has had the opportunity to
assist us in putting up official TT results but has been unable to
accept the "rules" of participation. Even this week, Celia once again
rejected any authority the Board would have over work she might do on
the club's behalf.

There'll be no link to the site or endorsement of it. The information on
the site is inaccurate and to make it accurate means more work for the
club. Current efforts to update the official site are made more
difficult by Celia's unauthorized interception of results data. There
are other factors which I'm not prepared to air here. The Board has
discussed this issue to death. The team has moved on to doing other
tasks.

I suggest any further reasonable comments or questions be addressed
privately to Board members.>>

Erika Revesz wrote:

>>I do not understand why Celia was displaced as webmaster. She is a
top programmer and one of the best mathematician in her company, where
she routinely solves programming problems that her colleagues can't. As
an indication of her abilities she was selected to participate at the
Institute of Advanced Computer studies in the USA. She certainly knows
her stuff, I would be quite happy to have her expertise available to me.

She usually posts the OBC TT results as soon as she arrives home from
the TT, most of the time delaying supper. There is no way I could do
that. Her webpage is very clear, and everything is readily available
without delays.

I am personally extremely grateful to her for the sacrifice she makes in
terms of her time and effort to provide us with this service.

Erika Revesz>>

Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
Website: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]