Hands: Lobster Gloves. Good to -20C.
Feet: 2 prs socks. I use  a layer of polypro and a layer of wool. Don't squeeze your
feet. If you do, you will cut circulation and defeat the purpose. Then the shoes, then
an over-sock of heavy wool with a hole cut for the cleat, then neoprene booties. Good
to -20C.

        Subject: RE: [obc] Underwear for cycling/x-c skiing

        Coldest--Patagonia
        Colder--Mec thermal, I agree about them being odourous
        Cold--HH, never tried a week straight but......
        Final, lots of good stuff out there.  My problem is hands and feets.  Any
        suggestions?
        Tim Aubin, Member.

        >From: "Hedley, Phil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        >Subject: RE: [obc] Underwear for cycling/x-c skiing
        >Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:51:45 -0500
        >
        >I agree, I've worn Helly Hansen long johns and tops for years for cycling
        >and winter mountaineering. One time I never changed for a week (it was too
        >cold to even think about stripping down !!). However, they are an excellent
        >thermal layer.
        >

        > >If you use cotton pajamas as underwear, you will die a slow, painful
        >death. Cotton is the worst
        > >thing you can use; it will retain moisture. You will become the icicle
        >man. Use layers of Lifa or
        > >Helly Hansen undies. The stuff at MEC tends to retain odors (yes, I wash
        >it, wise guy).

        >Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
        >Website: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
        >Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Club Office:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (613) 230-1064
        Website: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.cyberus.ca/~obcweb
        Newsletter:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Or send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]