Saya quote phrase terakhir ucapan Warren Buffet:

“So clearly it’s a better time to be buying stocks than a couple of years ago.
Is it better than tomorrow? I have no idea... But the real question is did I
get my money’s worth when I bought it?”

Any comment?
-----------

Warren Buffett feels Barack Obama’s understanding of economics, intelligence
and rational thinking makes him the right man for the job of getting the U.S.
economy out of the serious trouble it has found itself in, but warns that there
won’t be any magical “Superman-type” transformation in the next three or six
months.

“So you’ve got the right person in the operating room, but it doesn’t mean the
patient is going to leave the hospital tomorrow,” the billionaire investor said
in an interview airing Thursday on PBS’s Nightly Business Report as part of the
program’s 30th anniversary.

Mr. Buffett served as an economic advisor to Obama during his campaign, warning
him about how terrible things were getting. However, he really isn’t an advisor
anymore and says his advice isn’t needed given the talented team the President
has put together. Nonetheless, the Oracle of Omaha says he is available anytime.

“We’ve had to get the credit system partially fixed in order for the economy to
have a chance of starting to turn around. But there’s no magic bullet on this.
They’re going to throw everything from the government they can in,” Mr. Buffett
said, adding that while the credit situation is improving and the corporate
debt market has loosened up in the past month, the rate of business descent is
alarming.

“Peoples’ buying habits have changed. Fear has taken over and fear is a tough
thing to fight because you can’t go on television and say don’t be afraid, that
doesn’t work,” he said.

The chairman and CEO of holding company Berkshire Hathaway Inc. acknowledged
that nobody knows how long the recession will last or whether fiscal stimulus
and tax cuts will work, but stressed that just like when fighting a fire, you
use every weapon available. Mr. Buffett also feels that we are always creating
new problems and multi-trillion dollar deficits have the potential to produce
significant inflationary consequences.

“I mean you are giving a medicine dosage to the patient on a scale that we
haven’t seen in this country,” he said. “And there will be after effects and
they can’t be predicted exactly.”

In terms of regulation, Mr. Buffett said some rules are probably needed, but
they likely couldn’t have stopped the housing bubble.

And what about buying stocks? While unwilling to recommend anything specific,
he said his “greed quotient” has risen as stocks have fallen and there are a
lot more things selling at sensible prices now than they were two years ago.

Jonathan Ratner
Reuters, 23 January 2009