hanya sekedar pendapat,
tidak ada capital outflow walaupun suku bunga turun, karena likuiditas
jangka pendek sudah banyak yang diserap oleh BI ^^

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Haddy Santosa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: 15 Nopember 2006 16:05
  To: obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [obrolan-bandar] Re: IDR, what's up?

  P' Jimmy, maybe this one can be helpful

  Yumi Kuramitsu and Jake Lee
       Nov. 15 (Bloomberg) -

  Indonesia's rupiah fell the most since September on speculation investors
are taking money out of
  the country as the central bank will probably keep reducing
  borrowing costs through next year.
       Bank Indonesia will continue cutting the benchmark interest
  rate in 2007, Budi Mulya, director at the office of the governor
  at the central bank, said yesterday. The central bank on Nov. 7
  lowered the rate used as a reference for bill sales for the
  sixth time since May to 10.25 percent. The highest rate among
  Asia's 12 biggest nations contributed to the rupiah's 7.2
  percent appreciation this year.
       ``We've seen many rate cuts already, making the nation's
  debt less attractive and leading to gradual outflows,'' said
  Satoshi Obinata, department head of the treasury unit at PT Bank
  Mizuho Indonesia in Jakarta. ``This led to rupiah selling.''
       The rupiah dropped 0.5 percent to 9,175, the largest
  decline since Sept. 25. The currency may weaken to 9,300 by the
  end of this year, Obinata said.