yup, setoedjoe...^_^

  _____

From: obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com [mailto:obrolan-ban...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dean Earwicker
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:09 PM
To: obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ob] The Dow Will Hit 10,000 in 2009

Kasih copas linknya jgn lupa oom..

http://jutiagroup.
<http://jutiagroup.com/2009/05/18/insights-from-jeremy-siegel-3-reasons-why-
the-dow-will-hit-10000-in-2009/>
com/2009/05/18/insights-from-jeremy-siegel-3-reasons-why-the-dow-will-hit-10
000-in-2009/

Regards,
DE

2009/5/19 pemainbesar <pemainbesar@ <mailto:pemainbe...@yahoo.com>
yahoo.com>

Wall Street has been debating the huge run-up in the Dow Jones Industrial
Average.

Was March the beginning of a huge rally that will take the market to new
highs? Have we witnessed the proverbial "dead-cat bounce?" The
prognosticators have been unsure, uncertain and uncommittal about what they
see coming next...
So let me make it clear where I stand: We are in the beginning of a new bull
market that will carry us to 10,000 on the Dow by year's-end - and new highs
within a couple of years.

Yes, the recovery will be volatile. But now is the time to buy, despite the
big run up.

No doubt there's plenty of bad news out there - rising unemployment with no
end in sight, threatened tax increases on capital gains and dividends,
anemic corporate profits, commercial real-estate insolvency, federal
deficits, continued threats from the Middle East and Afghanistan, the
specter of inflation and high interest rates among others...

This list goes on and on. But as the old saying goes, "Wall Street climbs a
wall of worry."

It's all for naught - and I encourage you to look past these sideshows and
distractions. I'm convinced the stock market is headed higher - a lot
higher. I'll share my reasoning and tell you why Jeremy Siegel feels the
same way.

Three Reasons the Dow is Going Up

Over the past few months, three things have been sticking out to me like
huge blinking aircraft landing signals. Here's why we're going to keep
moving up..

The Fed. Bernanke and the Federal Reserve are pulling out all the stops to
stimulate the economy. Since September 2008, the money supply (M2) has been
growing at an incredible 13% rate, one of the highest in the post-World War
II period.

As Milton Friedman has demonstrated time and time again, after a lag of
between six and nine months an easy money policy will cause a sharp recovery
in the economy and stocks. Economists call it the "Friedman Effect."

Mortgage support. The Obama administration has been working hard at bailing
out all the unstable banks, bad mortgages and bad assets in the economy
through massive deficit spending. Essentially, the government policy is
putting a floor under the residential real estate market, which will keep it
from collapsing any further.

History sides with the bulls. Last month, I had dinner with Jeremy Siegel,
professor of economics at the Wharton School and author of the bestseller
"Stocks for the Long Run." He is a firm believer in looking at historical
trends, something that many investors and Wall Street analysts have
forgotten. And right now, the trend favors the bulls.

Well, guess what? The lag is over, and the "Friedman Effect" is taking full
effect. We can expect higher stock prices and a recovery in the economy by
year-end. And as a result of the administration's efforts, housing sales are
on the rise and real estate prices are stabilizing.

It's why I'm so interested in real estate lately. Take a look at my last
column, "Real Estate: The Buy of the Century."

Adding more fuel to my position, when I sat down with Wharton's Wizard he
showed me an interesting long-term chart of the S&P 500 Index.

The Wizard of Wharton's Long-Term Outlook

You'll note that every time the market hit the bottom of his long-term
chart, it rallied - sharply. And that's exactly where it was in late
February when I met with Professor Siegel - at the bottom.

Sure enough, in early March Wall Street rallied - and it hasn't looked back.
It's now up 30% from its lows. Between you and me, he called the exact
bottom of the stock market within weeks. (Of course, so did a few of our
analysts as well.)

How far up can it go? I asked this precise question to Professor Siegel last
month.

He told me that he has just completed a study of how well stocks do after a
major crash like the one we just experienced (falling 50% from its highs).
His conclusion was pretty striking: After a major bear market, stocks on
average rebound 24% the first year of recovery. And just as nice, the
average annual return over the next five years is 18%.

Since the Dow was around 8,300 at the first of the year, it could climb back
to 10,000 by year-end. (And 18,000 by 2013.) We could comfortably hit these
numbers with an additional 19% gain.

Although many believe the "easy money" has been made - and they may be right
- the market will still offer plenty of profitable opportunities in the
coming months. It'll be volatile, but it's certainly not too late to get
aboard.

The article above was taken from an investment community in the U.S.
enjoy...