JAKARTA, April 18 (Reuters) - Indonesia has approved tin export
permits for two more smelters, including PT Koba Tin, taking the number
of tin exporters to five, a senior trade ministry official said on
Wednesday.
     The market has been keenly waiting for Koba Tin's licence, as sales
from Indonesia's second-biggest producer could shore up global supplies
of the metal used in electronics and plating.
     The other smelter allowed to export is CV Duta Putra Bangka, a
small, privately-owned firm.
     Tin has gained more than 25 percent this year on worries about
supplies from Indonesia, the world's second largest producer, after
dozens of independent smelters ceased business following a government
crackdown on illegal mining last October.
     Koba Tin, 75 percent owned by Malaysian Smelting Corp. <MSCB.KL>,
has suspended tin shipments since February following a police
investigation into alleged illegal mining.
     Malaysian Smelting has denied its Inodnesian unit obtained tin ore
illegally.
     Aang Kanaan Adikusumah, director of mining exports at the trade
ministry, said police has submitted a recommendation to allow Koba Tin
to resume exports despite the legal problem.
     "Export permits for the two companies have been issued on April 17
and they can start exporting tin. So far, five companies have already
registered as tin exporters," Adikusumah told Reuters.
     Police have detained three Koba Tin directors, including president
director Anuar Sidek, on suspicion of illegally obtaining tin ore and
operating outside its mining area.
     The world's largest integrated tin miner, PT Timah Tbk <TINS.JK>,
owns 25 percent of Koba Tin. The company has received an export permit
and is not affected by the government's crackdown.
     Tin jumped to hit a fresh record high at $15,100 a tonne on
Wednesday.
     Another trade official said there were eight smelters waiting for
approval as registered tin exporters.
     "They have recommendations from the energy and mines ministry but we
are yet to approve their application because they don't have the correct
mining licence," the official said.
     The government has issued stringent rules for tin exports, including
producing refined tin with a minimum purity of 99.85 percent and
providing proof of royalty payment.

--- In obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Kok saya dapat beritanya lain ya :
>
> Terlampir berita dari Metalsplace.com
>
> Three Indonesian cos authorized to export tin
>
> *Source*: Asia Pulse
>

>     See also Tin Board <http://metalsplace.com/metalsboard/?s=15>
> Tin Catalog <http://metalsplace.com/metalscatalog/?s=15>
>
> The trade ministry has so far authorized only three companies to
> export tin<http://metalsplace.com/metalsnews/?s=15>from Indonesia.
>
> The three companies are state-owned tin
> mining<http://metalsplace.com/metalsnews/?s=182>company PT Tambang
> Timah (JSX:TINS) and two small local companies PT
> Bellitin Makmur Lestari and PT Yinchenco named by the Bangka Belitung
> governor.
>
> PT Koba Tin, a major tin mining
> <http://metalsplace.com/metalsnews/?s=182>company, failed in its
> attempt to secure the export license despite
> recommendation from the energy and mineral resources minister.
>
> The government controls export of
> tin<http://metalsplace.com/metalsnews/?s=15>to prevent exports of low
> quality
> tin <http://metalsplace.com/metalsnews/?s=15> especially
> tin<http://metalsplace.com/metalsnews/?s=15>produced by illegal
> miners.
>
> Large exports of low quality tin
> <http://metalsplace.com/metalsnews/?s=15>produced by illegal miners in
> Bangka and Belitung have previously been
> blamed for an oversupply in international market, pushing down
> tin<http://metalsplace.com/metalsnews/?s=15>prices.
>

> On 4/18/07, alfanendya [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >   Koba Tin sudah dapat export license. Hati-hati.
> >
> > --- In obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com
<obrolan-bandar%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Johand Dimalouw johandd@
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Kalau supply lebih besar dari demand, harga turun dan juga
> > sebaliknya. Jadi kalau supply naik krn demand yang naik, harga tidak
> > turun, malahan harga bisa naik karena kenaikan supply lebih kecil
dari
> > kenaikan demand.
> > > Juga kalau Supply turun dan demand turun lebih besar, maka harga
> > bisa ikut turun.
> > > Salam
> > > JD

lagian
> > > percuma harga timah naik kalo biaya produksi tins juga naik.
kwartal 1
> > > katanya cuman dapet propit 150 mly. bisa2 cuman jadi makanan
bandar
> > hehehe
> > >
> > > --- In obrolan-bandar@ yahoogroups. com, Joe Grunk <joe_grunk@ ..>

> > > 17 Apr 2007 The new President Director of
> > > Indonesia's state-controlled tin company PT Timah today announced
> > > plans to spend Rupiah 410 billion (US$ 45 million) this year to
expand
> > > smelting capacity and repair some of its dredge fleet.
> > > furnaces – one each at its Mentok and Kundur smelters.
> > > although the amount of metal that can be produced depends on the
mix
> > > and grades of concentrates and slag treated in the furnaces.

> > > director Thobrani Alwi, told reporters: "We have seen a global
> > > shortage in the past three months. We don't want to lose the
momentum
> > > and every chance we have to boost sales, we will".
> > > tonnes (compared to 44,689 tonnes of refined tin produced last
year).

> > > which were boosted sharply in the fourth quarter by the closure of
> > > competing small-scale smelters by the authorities in early
October.