3.11 The gall bladder flush

*       Gallstones <http://www.henriettesherbal.com/problems/gallstones>

From: James Mally, N.D. <jmally.usa.net>:

I am suspicious of gallstones that dissolve or that liquefy when passing. I
have done several gall bladder flushes myself using a formula from a book
titled "Encyclopedia of Digestive Disorders" by ? Roberts, of Roberts
formula fame. The flush involved taking divided doses of olive oil and lemon
juice every fifteen minutes over a two hour period to stimulate the gall
bladder to contract and release stones. The effects were very dramatic - one
time causing drastic elimination out both ends simultaneously. It also made
me lose my taste for olive oil for many years.

I also worked as a massage therapist in a clinic where a similar flush was
used for detox and cleansing. The "stones" people would pass needed to be
kept in the freezer or they would melt. I then read in a book the suggestion
that these "stones" were a product of saponification, the olive oil mixing
with the alkaline bile salts creating a soap (similar to mixing lye and
fat).

At naturopathic college I obtained a real gallstone from the gall bladder of
the cadaver we worked on in anatomy lab. It was as hard as a rock and it
would not dissolve in olive oil and lemon juice, even after several months.
I didn't try dissolving it in coke or ortho-phosphoric acid.

I believe it's possible that a gall bladder flush may cause stones to be
eliminated, but these stones will sink to the bottom of the toilet. The
"stones" that float and that are easily squashed are most likely soap. I
have heard of people passing hundreds of such "stones" which would imply
that they must have a huge gall bladder.

I still think there may be some benefit in the flush as it will thin the
bile by removing some of the bile salts so they won't be recycled.

Several areas for conjecture: I wonder if such a loss of bile salts would
cause any mineral deficiencies? Also has anyone done any blood tests for
direct and indirect bilirubin and/or any lipid panels before and after a
gall bladder flush? How about X-ray or diagnostic ultrasound of the gall
bladder before and after?

Maybe you could get harder "gallstones" to pass by doing a flush using a
more saturated oil such as coconut oil. : ) Do not try this at home.

  _____

From: Sara Klein Ridgley, PhD SaraKlein.aol.com

I tend to agree with you somewhat on the nature of the soluble stones.
However, when I did the cleanse both for myself and with clients, what I
found was both kinds were there. In several cases where the people were
scheduled for gallbladder surgery and we did the cleanse beforehand, there
was no sign of the stones upon ultrasound scan. One woman, who was 86 at the
time (11 years ago), collected the stones (that were rock hard) and put them
in a jar, and took them to her physician. She announced that "this doctor
from America (I was visiting another country when this happened...) took my
stones out". The doctor first thought that she was nuts, but when she showed
him the jar, he went white in the face. Then he ordered another ultrasound
and found the gallstones that were there the week before were gone. This
woman is still alive and kicking happily and in good health!

Regarding your second, very valid question regarding mineral depletion
following the cleanse, I have found that it CAN be the case, but not always.
I have noticed, for example, that many, many people who undergo gallbaldder
removal surgically, become depressed shortly thereafter. I also have
thoughts and "speculations" regarding the energy/spiritual factors behind
gallbladder problems, but that's another story..

I have used another flush, which is very simple, very safe, yet very
dramatic, and even old people with various ailments can do it safely.
However, I always like to observe, assist and take care that nothing strange
goes on (My control issues? maybe, or just caution...). This one involves 5
days of preparation with eliminating all fat from the diet, and it includes
epsom salts, olive oil and freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. I usually do a
kidney cleanse prior to the liver/gallbladder flush, which dramatically
improves the body's ability to handle the flush.

  _____

From: Michael Moore <hrbmoore.primenet.com>

In the early 1980s, after recommending and teaching Robert's protocol, a PhD
physiologist STRONGLY suggested that these "stones" were probably artifacts
of the therapy. The next time someone passed some, I took them in a cooler
to a local Santa Fe medical lab I had a working relationship with. They
showed only traces of chenic and cholic bile salts, and had no discernable
cholesterol content. Their educated guess was that they were saponified
fatty acids...probably linoleic or oleic acid salts. They were DEFINITELY
not "gallstones". I have not recommended this grim regimen since.

One of the great scams amongst 19th century medicine shows was this HUGE
capsule, made out of a colored and sealed gelatin capsule. It cost $1, and
was GUARANTEED to pass a tapeworm. Indeed, everyone who took one raved about
this long "worm" they passed.

The capsule contained a long coiled spiral of a thin strand of gutta percha
(crude rubber), dusted in Lycopodium. This was the "worm".

Robert's protocol, similarly, seems to result in the consistant passing of
"stones" consisting of saponified olive oil, acted on as well as possible by
the stressed digestive apparatus.

That doesn't mean that the shocked pancreas and gall bladder don't, on
occasion, vomit out a small cholesterol stone. But, as anyone who has worked
with cholelithiasis will vouch, this is risky stuff, since an obstruction by
a REAL stone of the biliary duct or common duct from the gall bladder spasms
may be just as likely. Most gallstones exist WITHOUT symptoms. Most
obstructions require surgery.

I find the tapeworm "pill" a safer phenomena-inducing placebo.

 <http://www.henriettesherbal.com/faqs/medi-3-10-sunburn.html> ‹ 3.10 Herbs
for sunburnup <http://www.henriettesherbal.com/faqs/medi-3.html> 3.12 Herbs
for cough  <http://www.henriettesherbal.com/faqs/medi-3-12-cough.html> ›

Support this site