Kalo sodorin Thermal BUMI dapetnya di berapa yeh maunya?? ($135 dr
Rio en Xstrata $125 gak mao dy) kalo mo barang BUMI en BUMI bisa
supply di $100 en bisa deal beneran., ini sayah mau loh beli saham
BUMI di 6000...

-pak andi, pak FA, biasanya punya info2 terkini masalah Per Batubara-
an, skrg Salesnya BUMI andai tawarin Kontrak Thermal Grade PowerPlant
Jepang di kisaran berapaan yeh?? atas $90 mepet $100 dapet gak yeh??

--- In obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com, Richard Rahardjo
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> By Mari Iwata
>
> Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
>
> TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Japan's largest thermal coal buyer said Friday
it has already lined up around 90% of the coal it will need for the
next fiscal year starting April 1.

> Electric Power Development Co. (9513.TO), better known as J-Power,
has secured about 90% its annual coal needs - about 20 million metric
tons - despite continued tight supply in the Asia Pacific coal
market, Executive Vice President Masayoshi Kitamura said.

> Although agreements on volumes have mostly been worked out, prices
are still only tentative, pending conclusion of talks between
Australian suppliers and some Japanese utilities, which act as a
benchmark for Japan's coal purchases.

> "We have diversified sources, buying more from countries like
Indonesia, South Africa and Russia," said Kitamura.

> Coal prices have soared in the Asia-Pacific market in the past
year, driven by rising demand from India and China, and more recently
by a temporary Chinese ban on coal exports. About 10% of the coal
used by Japan last year came from China.

> In addition, bad weather and infrastructure bottlenecks have curbed
output from Australia, the source of some 60% of Japan's coal
imports.

> Although J-Power has kept receiving coal exports from China since
its export ban was imposed in February, the company feels China won't
maintain previous export levels to Japan in the future, said
Kitamura.

> Term supply volumes from China to Japan in the fiscal year ending
on March 31 were cut by roughly 40% below the contracted minimum
supply obligation of 7.3 million tons, according to Japan Coal
Development Co., a coal trade joint venture owned by 10 major
Japanese utilities.

> Accordingly, J-Power has been lining up alternative supplies for
the next fiscal year, he added.

> The company has a policy of not disclosing details of where it gets
its coal from. But Australia is the source for about half, with China
and Indonesia minor but important complementary suppliers, according
to another company official, who asked not to be named.

> Japan's 10 regional power utilities together burn about 51 million
tons of thermal coal a year, about 60% of it coming from Australia,
according to data from the Federation of Electric Power Companies
Japan. The figure excludes J-Power's purchases. Above or Below $100

> But price talks are still far from being settled, said Kitagawa.
>
> Chubu Electric Power Co., Japan's third largest power utility by
capacity and second-largest thermal coal buyer, is still in
negotiations with Australian suppliers on the price it will pay for
fiscal 2008 supplies.

> Chubu Electric has been holding out for prices below $100 a ton,
Kitagawa noted.

> Since Chubu's term prices are widely used as a benchmark for
Japanese utilities, "the other utilities are encouraging Chubu
Electric, in the hope it will stand firm in the negotiations."

> With the next fiscal year starting Tuesday, Japanese utilities are
having to buy term coal at tentative prices, and Kitamura feels the
price talks may take a few months more.

> Chubu Electric has rejected Rio Tinto PLC's offer to supply
Australian thermal coal at $135 a ton for the next fiscal year, Dow
Jones Newswires reported earlier.

> Chubu Electric has also rejected Xstrata PLC's offer of $125/ton.
>
> Current term prices between Australian producers and Japanese
utilities are around $55 a ton.

> -By Mari Iwata, Dow Jones Newswires; 813-5255-2929; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> -Edited By Simon Hall TALK BACK: We invite readers to send us
comments on this or other financial news topics. Please email us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Readers should include their full names, work or
home addresses and telephone numbers for verification purposes. We
reserve the right to edit and publish your comments along with your
name; we reserve the right not to publish reader comments.

> (END) Dow Jones Newswires
>
> March 28, 2008 03:21 ET (07:21 GMT)
>
> Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.- - 03 21 AM EDT 03-28-
08

Search.

Kirim email ke