Reuters
G7, MONEY MARKETS KEY

In a further boost to confidence on Wednesday, the UK government
announced a bailout package for the beleaguered banking sector,
providing 50 billion pounds to recapitalise banks, guarantees of up to
250 billion pounds for short and medium term debt, and at least 200
billion pounds in short-term lending from the Bank of England. See
[ID:nL87769].

In a similar move, the U.S. Treasury Department is considering taking
ownership stakes in many banks to try to restore confidence, the New
York Times reported on its Web site on Thursday, quoting government
officials. See [ID:nSYU005267]. The European Central Bank also halved
the premium it charges banks for emergency overnight borrowing, upped
the amount it pays on overnight deposits and offered unlimited weekly
funds at a fixed rate. See [ID:nL9181361].

The boost to sentiment was tentative, however, and worries still
linger over whether the bailout measures and coordinated rate cuts
will be sufficient to resolve a crisis which many see as the worst
since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

Officials from the G7 meet later this week ahead of the annual
meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank in
Washington. Investors will be hoping for a strong signal that world
leaders are capable of strong and coordinated action to restore
much-needed confidence to markets.

Evidence their myriad measure to fix broken money markets are working
will also be crucial.

"Clearly a lot more will be known once we see the latest overnight
interbank lending figures and ... until we see some reaction there, we
seem likely to remain - at least to an extent - in the dark as to
where the major currency pairs can go next," said James Hughes at CMC
Markets.

(Reporting by Jessica Mortimer; editing by Toby Chopra)

--- In obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com, "Herman Tobing"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Keimpulannya besok Bei open, hari ini sudah kecele karena reg banyak
yang
> hijau.
>

> 2008/10/9 qasuaribo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >   DJ Fut (jam15.30) +210
> > HANGSENG +511
> > FTSE +107
> >
> > TIMAH 15100-15500
> > BUMN BUYBACK ASAP
> > ANTM OFFSET HERALD ke SAHAM SENDIRI
> > EuROPE, ASIA CUT RATE
> >
> > APALAGI ?????
> > JADI OPEN GAP UP LAH-----------DISCLAIMER ON.
> > KOQ PADA TAKUT SIH NGOMONG INDEX BEI NAEK ??? Paling kagak GAP UP
gitu.

> > KALO BEI MASIH MERAH BERARTI---DISCLAIMER O'ON.
> > hehehehehehe.............
> >
> > Analisa Dengkoel;
> > STREET TRADER.

Kirim email ke