Kalau saya setuju sekali dengan ide tersebut, apalagi ada banyak ahli yang ikut
control. Selama analis tersebut bertanggung jawab ke orang yang credibilitasnya
terjamin, umumnya hasil analisanya juga akan lebih dapat dipertanggung jawabkan.
Sebenarnya saya bermimpi untuk bisa mempunyai portfolio saham seperti article
dibawah ini, dimana saham2nya adalah saham di Indonesia.
Menurut para senior dan pakar di OB, kira-kira mungkin ga yah, kita membangun
suatu HYP yang bisa untuk dikeep forever, atau minimal 20 tahun?

Build a High-Yield Portfolio

                                        By Todd Wenning

                                        October 22, 2008

                                        Comment (7)

                        49
                        Recommendations

                                Buy 10 to 15 high-yielding large-cap stocks
today and hold them -- forever.

  Yes, you read that right

That's the
basic philosophy of the High-Yield Portfolio (HYP) strategy put forth
by our friends at Motley Fool U.K.back in 2000.
At first glance, the whole idea sounds a bit crazy. I mean, buying stocks with
the intention of never selling them comes off as, well, perhaps a bit naive.
After a closer look, though, the HYP strategy offers some distinct advantages.

  But first, let's take that closer look

So how does the HYP strategy choose its 10 to 15 stocks? It chooses only:
Large-cap stocks,With a history of increasing dividends,Relatively low debt
levels, andSufficient dividend coverage,That hail from diverse industries.
The original UK HYP, for example, picked 15 stocks from the FTSE 100 index,
including Rio Tinto and Scottish & Newcastle.
The only permissible reasons to sell or remove a stock from the HYP
portfolio are (1) the dividend is halted or cut, or (2) the company is
acquired.

  All about growth

Like other
dividend-focused investing, the HYP strategy relies on the power of
dividends to strengthen overall returns. Dividends, after all, have
made up more than a third of the S&P 500's return since 1926.
But what sets the HYP strategy apart is its focus on growing
dividends. By buying companies with a history of raising their dividend
payouts, you're betting that they'll continue to raise those payouts --
providing you with an ever-increasing income stream.
The point of the HYP isn't capital appreciation, although that's
usually an added bonus. The HYP is all about those growing dividends,
aiming to provide an annual income that exceeds that of the current
10-year Treasury note (currently yielding 3.6%).
Best of all, that income is flexible. Investors far from retirement
can reinvest the dividends to increase their holdings, thus multiplying
their payouts. Investors close to or in retirement can use the payouts as
income that supports their standard of living. But because the income grows,
it has the potential to beat inflation. And when you add that to the
capital appreciation, you can end up sitting on a pretty penny.

  OK, but do you really mean "never sell"?

Now,
this idea of intentionally not selling seems counterintuitive. At some
point, perhaps when the stock has reached our price target, doesn't it
make sense to sell and take the capital gain?
According to the HYP's original author, Stephen Bland, the strategy demands a
different perspective:
High yield portfolio (HYP) shares are not bought with the intention
of selling. Quite the reverse. They are bought to hold for income and
continue to be held until such time as it might very occasionally suit
the investor to sell, perhaps never. Selling is not the reason for
buying, unlike value trading, where selling is the only reason for
buying.
It takes some getting used to, but this passive approach prevents
you from overtrading and making poor valuation decisions -- while
simultaneously providing you with a growing income. Best of all? You
don't have to worry about daily market fluctuations.
Between November 2000, when the original HYP was started near the
height of the U.K. market, and December 2007, it returned 68% capital
appreciation without dividend reinvestment (while the FTSE 100 lost 8.3%), and
included a 5.9% annual dividend yield to boot. What's more, the dividends grew
29% in just seven years.

  Now for the U.S. version

So what would a
current U.S. version of the HYP portfolio look like? To compile the
list below, I followed the HYP methodology and selected a diverse group
of 15 S&P 500 stocks:
Capitalized at more than $10 billion,With a strong history of increasing
dividends,An above-market dividend yield,And sufficient ability to service
current debt.
Here are a few of those stocks.

          Company

          Dividend Yield (ttm)

          Nucor   (NYSE: NUE)

        3.5%

          Sysco Corp.   (NYSE: SYY)

        3.4%

          Eli Lilly   (NYSE: LLY)

        5.5%

          Caterpillar   (NYSE: CAT)

        4.1%

          United Parcel Service   (NYSE: UPS)

        3.5%

          Northrop Grumman   (NYSE: NOC)

        3.4%

          Reynolds American   (NYSE: RAI)

        7.3%

  Source: Yahoo! Finance.

A diversified portfolio of high-yielding stocks can create a pretty
well-protected annual income stream. For example, with a $10,000
investment in an HYP with an average yield of 4.5% -- very achievable
in this market -- an investor could expect around $450 a year in
dividends -- for now. But because each of the stocks in an HYP has a
history of increasing their payouts every year or so, that dividend
figure should continue to grow (ideally 5% annualized, or more),
providing the HYP investor with ever-expanding income to reinvest or
live off of.